OSWEGO, N.Y. - Sophomore Sara Cruise netted three goals for her first collegiate hat trick as the Oswego State Lakers shut down King's College in women's ice hockey by a score of 9-0. Also starring for Oswego were freshmen Morgan Shines and Megan Teachout, who each had a pair of goals and three assists to tie the program record for points in a contest with five.
- Final Score: Oswego 9, King's College 0
- Location: Marano Campus Center Arena - Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego 8-3-1 | King's 1-8-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Shines kicked things off just 15 seconds into the contest with her first goal on assists from Cruise and Avery Webster.
- Cruise scored her first goal of the contest seven minutes later from Shines and Webster to move Oswego out to a 2-0 lead.
- At the 8:51 mark, Teachout scored her first from Assistant Captain Philomena Teggart.
- The Lakers made it a four-goal period behind Shines' second of the period on assists from senior Natalie Giglio and Teachout.
- Sophomore Molly Evans scored her first point of the season as she and Teachout assisted on senior Eryn Stewart's second period goal.
- Period three was another four-goal explosion as Cruise sandwiched a pair of goals around a Teachout goal to record her hat trick.
- Shines grabbed a pair of assists, while Giglio, Stewart and Amber Thomas each grabbed one.
- The final goal was scored by A. Thomas on an assist by Teachout.
- In moving her record out to 7-3-1 on the season, senior Rachael Farmer recorded seven saves and notched her fourth career shutout.
- Oswego was the more aggressive team with a 49-7 advantage in shots-on-goal and won the faceoff battle, 38-9.
- Teachout is now tied with Stewart for the team points lead with 15 apiece while Stewart climbs another spot on the career points (51) list to sixth, passing former Laker Kelly Collins.
- Shines and Teachout share the team lead in goals with six.
Oswego heads over to Morrisville State this Saturday for a 3 p.m. NEWHL contest with the Mustangs