Canton, NY – Sarah Kosnaskie scored her team-leading fourth goal of the season but a pair of unanswered goals lifted visiting Oswego State to a 2-1 victory v. the SUNY Canton women's hockey team in Northeast Women's Hockey League (NEWHL) action on Friday evening.
- Result: Oswego State 2, SUNY Canton 1
- Location: Roos House – Canton, NY
- Records: Oswego State (7-2-1, 5-2-1 NEWHL) | SUNY Canton (0-7-1, 0-7-1 NEWHL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Roos got on the board first at 12:04 of the opening period. Sarah Kosnaskie picked off an attempted defensive zone clearance in front of net and beat Laker goaltender Rachael Farmer top shelf glove side.
- Sirena Alvarez made 11 first period saves to keep the hosts on top 1-0 after one period.
- Oswego State evened the score at one apiece 75 seconds into the middle period. Megan Teachout fed the puck to Philomena Teggart at the point. Her slapshot was redirected out in front off of Eryn Stewart and in.
- The Lakers took their first lead of the game with 16 seconds left in the second. The second goal was similar to the first as Aislinn McAleer fed the puck from the far boards to Teggart at the point. Her wrist shot was redirected out in front by Mia Conboy for what proved to be the eventual game-winner.
- Oswego was whistled for a penalty with 4:07 remaining but the Laker penalty kill came up big. Ashley Gillies had a late shot on goal for the Roos but cannot was unable to find the equalizer.
- Sirena Alvarez turned aside 26 shots in the loss, Rachael Farmer made 13 saves in the win.
The Roos have nearly a month off from competition before returning to the ice in 2020 when they take on Buffalo State in the WSYB/Catamount Radio Invitational hosted by Castleton. Puck drop is set for 4 p.m. on January 4th.