WINCHENDON, Ma.— Franklin Pierce applied consistent pressure from the opening faceoff and jumped out to an early lead before closing out a 5-1 victory over visiting Buffalo State to complete a two-game non-conference sweep.
FINAL SCORE: Franklin Pierce – 5, Buffalo State - 1
LOCATION: Jason Ritchie Ice Arena – Winchendon, Mass.
RECORDS: Franklin Pierce (9-3-0), Buffalo State (1-7-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Franklin Pierce got on the scoreboard just 28 seconds into the game and then made it 2-0 before the first intermission.
- The Ravens continued to pour it on with three more goals in the second period to lead 5-0, outshooting the Bengals 31-6 through 40 minutes.
- Lila Toczek (Pendleton, NY/Starpoint) scored the lone goal of the final frame for the Bengals, recording her second of the season and second in as many days, with an assist from Hailey Tylka (Chicago, IL/Taft) and Jessica Carter (Scottsdale, AZ/Brightmont Acad.).
- Bri Gawronski (Dunkirk, NY/Mt. Mercy) finished with 38 saves as the Bengals were outshot 43-11 for the game.
FOR THE FOES
- Jazmyne Beck scored twice for Franklin Pierce, while Bridgett Prentiss had a goal and an assist.
Buffalo State will host William Smith in another non-league game on Tuesday at 7 p.m.